When it comes to promoting your business there are so many digital marketing strategies to choose from. More often than not it can become overwhelming trying to decide which one to prioritize or even start with. If you are looking for the ultimate digital marketing strategy for your business then you need to have a clear understanding of your business, services, and demographics before choosing a digital marketing strategy that will be effective for your needs.
When it comes to your digital marketing campaigns, you don’t want to waste your time by choosing the wrong one, and you need to stay on top of your lead generation activities as well. What matters more than the type of marketing you are doing is whether or not your all-around approach is well-matched with your brand and message. To that end, the following are some considerations for creating an effective campaign in the context of your business.
Digital marketing is a bit of a trial and error process. So while you absolutely want to make a plan, you also have to be flexible with:
- Shifting SEO patterns
- Upcoming trends
- Your content calendar and timeline
- One or two social channels only (the ones that perform best)
- Which KPIs to focus on
- When to get progress reports, where you can discuss and regroup
A successful strategy will always need some tweaking and as such needs careful and continual monitoring and adjusting. If you’re working alone or in a small company, don’t be afraid to hire outside consultants to help you dig through your metrics and redefine goals if something doesn’t seem to be working the way it was planned.
Deeply Understand Your Customer/ Target Audience
No digital marketing strategy will be effective if you don’t first have a clear understanding of who needs your services or products and why.
Form a robust profile of your audience and inform your tactics by:
- Defining the channels that fit key demographics best
- Speaking their language, considering that “language” isn’t just words
- Understanding their pain points and how to switch on emotions
- Creating useful personas for each of your demographics to help you visualize their lives and predict buying patterns
- Being culturally aware
- Considering unique partnerships such as with influencers
- Focusing on action-oriented experiences and results rather than the product itself
- Using well-developed automation tools for highly detailed segmentation and targeting
Focus on the End Result
In marketing there is often so much emphasis placed on the the “numbers” surrounding it (profits) that sometimes people lose sight of the need that the product fulfills.
What truly matters is who you are marketing to, and why. You need to understand their pain points in order to get what they’re ultimately doing with your business. In other words, when you demonstrate the post-buying moments, they’ll then remember why they need it in the first place.
Focus on Mobile
here are a few ways you can ensure that your mobile marketing strategy stays on track:
- Optimize your website for both desktops and smartphones
- Use clickable phone numbers, addresses, and CTAs (calls to action)
- Make sure your contact details are connected to a map app
- Ensure a quickly loading website
- Always review ads for social media or other types of mobile-friendly platforms
Use Content to Show Authority & Authenticity
Don’t just use social to “post”. Utilize this strategy to share your own company’s values and mission no matter what channel or method you’re using.
A few tips on this:
- Get personal with live videos. Provide interactive elements and behind-the-scenes looks at the company or product whenever possible.
- Offer ongoing learning and education as a part of your brand’s mission, whether it’s about the brand itself or about a cause it’s close to.
- Use podcasting and written interviews to generate content on a conversational level and ensure that you have SEO-optimized, authoritative content out there on the web.
- Post your live and other videos to your website and even embed them in ads. Video is one of the top-converters, and it doesn’t require a high budget to use well.
The bottom line with any digital marketing campaign or tactic is to stay aligned with your core purpose, not just your product. Focus on benefits, address customer’s real needs, and understand what makes them tick. As well, stay on top of which social trends are affecting various demographics. Remember that it’s really your job to “follow” the customer and not the other way around.
GET TO THE TOP!
If you have questions or concerns about your online presence give Stratedia a call at 860.415.0430 or visit us online at stratedia.com. We‘re ranked #1 as the top seo company CT by Clutch.co! Let Stratedia help you, GET TO THE TOP!